Meet Dr. Amit Gharpure
Dr. Amit Gharpure
From Mumbai to the Pacific Northwest: A Journey of Dental Excellence
‘‘By fostering open communication and prioritizing patient education, I aim to create a comfortable and anxiety-free environment that empowers my patients to take an active role in their dental care."
Dr. Gharpure’s journey of excellence started with his graduation from Nair Hospital Dental College in Mumbai at the top of his class.
He then trained in restorative dentistry at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in New Jersey and completed an oral surgery internship in Mumbai. He worked in private practice before completing a specialty training program in periodontics and implant surgery, earning a Master of Science in Dentistry degree from the University of Washington.
Dr. Gharpure is an affiliate faculty member in periodontics at the University of Washington School of Dentistry, where he teaches pre-doctoral and post-doctoral dental students.
Dr. Gharpure is calm, relaxed, and friendly, and he takes special care to make his patients feel comfortable throughout their treatment.
Dr. Amit Gharpure - Achieving Beyond Limits
Board-Certified Periodontist - Providing Exceptional Dental Care
- Nair Hospital Dental College – Mumbai, India
- Advanced Education in Restorative Dentistry Program at the Rutgers School of Dental Medicine in New Jersey
- University of Washington School of Dentistry – Master of Science in Dentistry degree
- Colgate Indian Dental Association Scholarship
- Nair Hospital Dental College Student’s Association Award
- J.R.D Tata Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Board-Certified Periodontist
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists Canada
Want to learn more about Dr. Gharpure?
What's your secret to being top of your game?
I attribute my success to my love for hiking – I’m used to pushing myself to the top!
Do you have any special tools you use on hikes?
Nope, I leave my professional tools at home while exploring. But I always pack a first-aid kit just in case!
Is there another sport you enjoy?
Although I like the freedom to explore, I’m a big fan of the occasional whitewater kayaking – I enjoy the thrill of the rapids!
Do you play sports?
Yes, I am part of a local soccer team. I love the camaraderie of teamwork!
What's your favorite spot in the Pacific Northwest?
My favorite spot is the Olympic National Park – my wife and I enjoy hiking through the forest and seeing the amazing wildlife.